Philosophy and Psychology
Submitted By tunafish69
1. | How can a manager build employee trust?
Choose 1 answer | | A. | | Identify only very general job skill changes | B. | | Provide specific job loss and change information | C. | | Provide employees information on industry growth potential from innovation | D. | | Identify and be negative about the change with employees | E. | | Provide very general change information | |
2. | A change vision must be developed and clearly conveyed to all members of the firm.
What aspect of the change vision should management communicate to employees?
Choose 1 answer | | A. | | Nonsupportive management views | B. | | How the employees will be affected by the change | C. | | A summary of major rumors regarding the change | D. | | Vague images of the proposed organizational structure | |
3. | What are the four types of strategic change?
Choose 1 answer | | A. | | Cost cutting, process, structural, social | B. | | Cost cutting, process, capital, structural | C. | | Structural, cost cutting, process, cultural | D. | | Capital, process, cost cutting, cultural | |
4. | What level of political action has broad long-term strategic impact?
Choose 1 answer | | A. | | Network | B. | | Department | C. | | Coalition | D. | | Individual | |
5. | Surprise and fear of the unknown are reasons people resist change.
How might this reaction manifest itself through employee behavior?
Choose 1 answer | | A. | | They become increasingly comfortable with the routine. | B. | | They display less fear of the unknown. | C. | | They become more productive in response to warnings. | D. | | They create rumors to fill the void created by lack of official announcements. | |
6. | What two recommendations should a manager consider in implementing an…...